This week’s pre-TLC episode of SmackDown featured John Cena and Randy Orton cutting separate promos hyping their title unification match at the PPV. In the final segment of the show Randy Orton was forced to apologize to Triple H for accidentally knocking down Stephanie during the commotion on RAW. More interestingly he brought up the closing shot that saw Cena help Triple H with Stephanie, looking on in disgust at Orton for the accident.
The Viper questioned where Triple H’s allegiances are, and he smugly replied “The Authority knows exactly where their faith lies”.
Though it doesn’t mean they’re going to follow through, this is clearly a hint of a John Cena heel turn. It’s also another example of the mind games from the Triple H character.
December 13, 2013, WWE SmackDown Results
– Daniel Bryan def. Erick Rowan by DQ, when Bray Wyatt tripped Bryan’s leg from ringside. After the match Bryan hit the Running Knee on the outside, sending Wyatt out of his chair.
– The Real Americans def. Cody Rhodes & Goldust in a Non-Title match, when Cody was distracted by Swagger and Cesaro hit the Uppercut when he jumped of the turnbuckle.
– Mark Hnery def. Damien Sandow via Countout, when Sandow turned his attention to Big E on commentary and then ran out of the arena.
– Divas Champion AJ Lee & Tamina Snuka def. The Bella Twins.
– John Cena hyped TLC.
– Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns def. The Usos, with a very entertaining Dean Ambrose on commentary. After the match CM Punk delivered his own Shield style video from the basement. He said if he goes down at TLC, how many members of the faction will he be taking with him?
– Big Show def. Ryback.
– Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio ended in a No Contest, when the Miz attacked Kingston before the match. (This was to protect Del Rio who suffered a concussion on RAW).
– Randy Orton apologized to the Authority, but Triple H teased that his alliance may lay elsewhere at TLC.