March 14, 2014, WWE SmackDown Results
– Triple H ridiculed the “Yes!” Movement for occupying Raw, and gave Daniel Bryan the night off. To punish Damien Sandow for defying him on Monday, he was booked against Seth Rollins.
– Seth Rollins def. Damien Sandow, with help from his team mates. After the match they delivered the Triple Powerbomb.
– Intercontinental Champion Big E def. Fandango, with the Big Ending.
– Cody Rhodes & Goldust def. The Real Americans, because Swagger and Cesaro were preoccupied by arguing and outdoing each other. They managed to get on the same page after the match to deliver an attack, but The Usos made the save.
– Bray Wyatt def. Kofi Kingston, with Sister Abigail.
– Nikki Bella def. Tamina, with the Backbreaker.
– Dolph Ziggler def. Alberto Del Rio, after countering the Cross Armbreaker in to the Zig Zag. Ziggler then entered himself in to the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.
– Carlos Colon was officially announced for the WWE Hall of Fame:
– Big Show def. Kane, and The Shield defied the Authority be not helping the monster. When Kane went to Chokeslam Rollins, Reigns hit the Spear!
Roman Reigns Reveals The Original Look For The Shield
In a podcast called the Road To Wrestlemania 30 Roman Reigns revealed that the Shield were originally supposed to debut with riot shields.
“We just pictured trying to get in the ring with these things,” says Reigns. “For years now, you go into the ring a certain way, and you’re not usually carrying a huge, plastic shield.”
He noted that when the got to gorilla position Vince asked them if they were “wussies” and needed protection? So it was decided they’d lave the shields behind.
WWE Wins Two CableFAX Digital Awards
WWE® TOPS ESPN AND TURNER SPORTS WINNING TWO CABLEFAX DIGITAL AWARDS
STAMFORD, Conn., March 14, 2014 – WWE has been named the winner of two 2014 CableFAX Digital Awards – Best Smartphone App for the WWE App and Best Social Good Campaign for WWE’s 2014 “Rise Above Cancer” campaign supporting Susan G. Komen.
The WWE App, which has surpassed 11 million downloads in 220 countries since it launched in August 2012, was named Best Smartphone App, topping ESPN – SportsCenter, E!, MSG Varsity, Turner Sports – 2013 NCAA March Madness Live and Turner Sports – PGA Championship.
In addition, WWE received an award for the Best Social Good Campaign, by utilizing digital and social media to generate awareness and encourage fans to support Susan G. Komen throughout National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
WWE was also awarded honorable mentions in the following categories: Best Tablet App for the WWE App, Best Social Media Campaign for WrestleMania 29 and Social Media Dream Team.
The 2014 CableFAX Digital Awards honors the outstanding websites, digital initiatives and people in the Digital and Technology industry that are driving the digital media revolution.