March 31, 2014, WWE RAW Results
– In one of the first signs that the Undertaker may be weakening as the years go on, Brock Lesnar interrupted his opening RAW message, by delivering a devastating F5!
– Alberto Del Rio def. Intercontinental Champion Big E (non-title), with a vicious kick to the head.
– Summer Rae def. Natalya.
– The Authority announced the farewell of the Yes! Movement, replaying Triple H’s attack. They revealed that Bryan was sent to New Orleans early to rest up for his coming beating of a lifetime.
After Batista and Randy Orton interrupted, the COO made their match later tonight a NO DQ.
– WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos & Los Matadores def. The Real Americans, Ryback & Curtis Axel, with the pin on Swagger.
– Cody Rhodes & Goldust def. Fandango & Damien Sandow, when Goldust hit the Final Cut on Sandow.
– Bray Wyatt def. R-Truth, with Sister Abigail. After the match Luke Harper and Erik Rowan took out Xavier Woods.
John Cena then sneaked out in the Sheep mask, which sent the Wyatts in re-treat when he revealed it was him.
– Naomi def. Divas Champion AJ Lee in a Lumberjill Match, with the Rear View.
– Kane def. Roman Reigns via Disqualification, when The Shield and Outlaws got involved. Kane managed to escape the Triple Powerbomb … for now.
– ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper hosted a WrestleMania 30 edition of Piper’s Pit, with the Battle Royal participants. He kicked off the melee by poking The miz in the eye.
– Randy Orton vs. Batista went to a No Contest, when Daniel Bryan hopped the guard rail and cleared house!
AJ Lee and CM Punk Engaged?
Rumors are rife on social media following RAW, as AJ Lee was seen wearing what appears to be an engagement ring:
Rapper Punches Fan In Crowd
Rapper Wale who was watching RAW in the audience last night, ended up punching a heckling fan according to live reports. A video captured the tail end of the incident, but nobody was ejected from the building:
Daniel Bryan on Authority Storyline and Wrestlemania
Daniel Bryan discussed The Authority storyline and his possible main event at Wrestlemania with DirecTV, who are carrying the traditional PPV:
It’s funny, 3 years ago, I would do radio interviews and people would ask me what my goal is, and it was to main event WrestleMania. People you are talking to are like “Oh, that’s a nice little dream.” But now here it is and it’s within my grasp. That is literally – when you are lying in bed as a 15-year old kid, and you are dreaming of being a wrestler – that is what you are dreaming of. You want to be in the biggest match in the biggest show of the year. With 70,000 plus fans screaming. That’s what everybody wants when they start this.
Bryan also addressed the comparisons to Steve Austin, when he was going up against Vince McMahon:
I honestly don’t think they are accurate. There are some similarities, like anyone who has had issues with authority figures in WWE. But I think our attitudes and how we handle things are different. It was a different era when Steve Austin was battling Vince McMahon. It’s kind of similar, but to me they are way different.