May 05, 2014, WWE RAW Results
– Triple H forced Dean Ambrose to defend his US title in a 20 man Battle Royal. Sheamus got the victory by Eliminating Ambrose after a Brogue Kick.
Triple H then booked The Shield vs the Wyatts in the main event.
– Rob Van Dam def. Cesaro via Disqualification, when Cesaro went too far outside the ring.
– Ryback def. Cody Rhodes, with the Shell Shocked.
– 3MB crashed Los Matadores’ Cinco de Mayo celebration.
– Rusev def. Kofi Kingston.
– WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan def. Alberto Del Rio, with the “Yes!” Lock. After the match Kane tormented Bryan and Brie back to the parking lot and in to their car.
– Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett def. Big E, in a rematch from Extreme Rules.
– Adam Rose debuted by confronting Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger. He ran them off, before continuing his party!
– The Wyatt Family def. The Shield, after Evolution interfered. After the match Reigns was hit with a Triple Powerbomb.
Foley Says Bryan Storyline Mirrors Zack Ryder
Mick Foley said he’s worried about the Daniel Bryan and Kane storyline on RAW, because it’s similar to one with Zack Ryder from a few years back.
Foley explained further on Facebook:
Whether Daniel Bryan – WWE Universe knows it or not, NOW is the time that the fiercest fighting takes place for a WWE champion – and it has nothing to do with the action in the ring. Now is the time to step up and shoot down horrible ideas that can derail even the most promising of ideas. I used to joke that Daniel was the exception to the rule that every top guy in WWE has been perceived at one time or another as a pain in the neck – largely for their willingness to step up and call the creative team out on bad ideas when they see them. That thing I saw tonight – that thing with Daniel and Brie Bella – WWE Universe and the car? That was a bad idea – one that never should have seen the light of day.
I have said on several occasions that I used up my ammo when it came to complaining about WWE storylines when I went to bat for the #YesMovement in the aftermath of the Royal Rumble. I’m going to do my very best to do just that. But I’ll first ask everyone involved – Daniel, Brie, Hunter, Steph, Vince, etc., to take a good look at the nearly identical storyline that ran Zack Ryder’s promising career off the rails…and do everything they can to avoid that same horrible stretch of track.
Foley also mentioned Barrett’s use of the Catus Jack elbow:
Vince Russo Launches Entertainment Website
TNA creative consultant Vince Russo has found the time to launch a website, where he blogs about entertainment and pop culture. Check it out at pyroandballyhoo.com.
There is a wrestling section, but he plans to charge readers to access it going forward.
Short Sleeve Sampson Apologizes For Photo
Midget wrestler Short Sleeve Sampson, who played Jerry Smaller during the WeeLC match at Extreme Rules, has apologized for sharing a photo that sees John Cena and the Wyatts going over their match in the background.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words but in my case it has become the center of alot of controversy. I want to publicly apologize to the WWE, the workers in this business who give their blood, sweat, and tears, and to all the fans that continue to support it!
After my segment was over on Extreme Rules I did post a few pictures on my facebook of my experience from working with WWE for that day. I did not realize that in one of my posted pics I was “exposing the business” until someone commented on it and I immediately took it down!
I love this business and I feel honored to be a part of it! I would never intentionally try to do anything to compromise it or break “Kayfabe”. I do want to thank all those responsible for keeping this story going and for being the ones who are truly “exposing the business”.
Again, I am very sorry for this mistake on my part!
I want to thank my family, the promoters, workers, and fans who have and continue to support me!
I am currently at the half way point of my “Midget Time Farewell Tour” I wanted it to be memorable but I never imagined anything I would do would become this talked about!
You can see the competitors sitting in the stands together: