Randy Orton and the Authority’s coronation ceremony was short lived when John Cena crashed the party and goaded them in to giving Daniel Bryan a title shot. Cena had promised Bryan the shot if he won at TLC, but now Orton’s the champ it’s only fair that he does the same.
Having fell victim to Bryan before Orton decided to take the easy way out of the match and low blow the YES! man to get a DQ and retain the Championship. Though Cena tried to even the odds he got an RKO for his trouble, leaving the first ever WWE World Heavyweight Champion standing tall at the end of the show.
December 16, 2013, WWE RAW Results
– John Cena crashed Randy Orton’s WWE World Heavyweight Championship coronation ceremony.
– Big Show & Rey Mysterio def. WWE Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Goldust, when Mysterio hit a Splash off the shoulders of Show on Goldust.
– Dolph Ziggler def. Fandango.
– Mark Henry & Big E Langston def. The Real Americans, after Langston hit the Big Ending on Cesaro.
– Ryback & Curtis Axel def. Tons of Funk, when Brodus left Tensai to fend for himself. After the match Brodus splashed his partner, but Woods and R-Truth came for the save and took the Funkadactyls with them.
– The Shield def. CM Punk & The Usos, when Reigns hit Punk with the Spear.
– Divas Champion AJ Lee, Tamina Snuka & Alicia Fox def. Natalya & The Bella Twins.
– Daniel Bryan def. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton via Disqualification.