Blogging about professional wrestling
The recent McMahon family power struggle over who would make a worthy WWE Champion was put to bed at Sunday’s Summerslam, when Triple H screwed Daniel Bryan out of the title and joined the side of his wife and father in-law on tonight’s RAW – his explanation? It was best for business.
The new chiseled and handsome corporate champion Randy Orton, accompanied by the McMahons closed the show with a “championship coronation”, and although Bryan went mic to mic with Stephanie at the start of the show, calling her trash and challenging her to fire him, by the end of the night he lay looking at the lights at the hands of hired guns The Shield and the Viper, having lost this week’s battle.
The WWE Universe haven’t seen this kind of McMahon family corruption corruption since the days of Steve Austin, and although this time around beer swilling has been replaced with hummus, Bryan is just as prepared to meet WWE’s overlords head on. If they think the Beard will just go away, they’re gravely mistaken.
- John Cena publicly announced that he’s taking time off to heal his elbow, and then graciously handed the stage to Daniel Bryan.
- Before Bryan could say a word, Stephanie McMahon hit the ring to remind him what happened at Summerslam was best for business. As thing began to heat up Steph had Bryan escorted from the ring.
- Cody Rhodes def. Damien Sandow in a Summerslam rematch.
- An obnoxious Paul Heyman had the gall to “forgive” CM Punk, despite it being Heyman who should be apologizing following his interference at Summerslam. Heyman offered Punk a spot back under his management “because you know better than anyone else you are far better with me than without me.”
- The Funkadactyls def. Divas Champion AJ Lee & Layla.
- Brad Maddox booked Dolph Ziggler in a handicap match against The Shield as punishment for calling out Triple H on WWE.com for his actions at Summerslam. Ziggler took a Spear and Triple Powerbomb before getting pinned.
- World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio def. Sin Cara. After the match Ricardo Rodriquez introduced his new client RVD. The ECW Original then hit the ring to connect with a 5 Star Frogsplash.
- The Prime Time Players def. The Real Americans.
- The Big Show was the next superstar to fall victim of a handicap match against The Shield.
- CM Punk rejected Paul Heyman’s offer of reconciliation, so the evil genius sent out Curtis Axel “to finish what Brock Lesnar started”. Punk made an example out of Axel with the steel chair and a GTS on the ring steps.
- Bray Wyatt def. R-Truth.
- The Usos def. 3MB.
- The Miz def. Wade Barrett via Disqualification, after Fandango interfered.
- Daniel Bryan crashed Randy Orton’s WWE Championship Coronation, but got outnumbered by The Shield, before suffering an RKO.