May 08, 2014, TNA IMPACT Results
– Eric Young wants to defend his title again, and Bobby Roode tries to convince him that he deserves another shot.
– Evening Gown Match: The Beautiful People defeated Madison Rayne and Brittany, when Velvet flashed Rayne and the referee, causing the distraction. This allowed Angelina to spray Rayne in the eyes. Judging from the crowd reaction Sky didn’t legit flash.
– EC3 defeated Kurt Angle, after he injured his knee.
– MVP blocks EY’s match with Bobby Roode.
– Ladder Match: World Tag Team Champions The Wolves defeated The Bromans.
– Bully Ray stormed TNA Headquarters. Once there, he took over Dixie Carter’s office, called a beer-soaked staff meeting, and put Rockstar Spud through a table. On the way out, he looked up Dixie’s home address.
– Knux (with the Menagerie) defeated Kazarian.
– Willow defeated Magnus via disqualification when Bram attacked.
– MVP revealed himself to be the person challenging Eric Young for the World Heavyweight Championship at Slammiversary. He sealed the deal with a violent sneak attack.
Kurt Angle Having ACL Surgery
Kurt Angle needs legit ACL surgery and this is why he was written out of storylines on IMPACT, by “injuring” his knee during the match with EC3. This will take several months to rehab, which could mean he’s done with TNA. As previously noted his contract is up in September and he’s expressed desire to go back to WWE for one last run.