Morale was said to be high backstage at TNA last night in Dallas after what was considered a successful Slammiversary PPV. In contrast to recent shows and TV tapings the crowd were in to the action throughout, and for the first time in a while the promotion actually advertised the event extensively locally, drawing 2,500 paid fans who actually wanted to be there.
One of the highlights of the night came when Kevin Von Erich (who is clearly still a big name left over from the World Class days) jumped the rail and delivered a claw to DJ Z, after he and Jesse caused a DQ in their match against Kevin’s debuting sons Ross and Marshall.
Judging from the crowd reaction they could learn a thing or two about tailoring the show to their local audiences, instead of trying to ride off IMPACT an expecting an enthusiastic turnout. It will be interesting to see what they do in New York in this regard.
Also last night an injured Kurt Angle made an appearance to announce Team 3D as the newest inductees in to the TNA Hall of Fame, with the ceremony taking place at October’s Bound for Glory.
Despite fans chanting “one more match”, Devon is not interested in getting back in to the ring.
2014 TNA Slammiversary Results
– Ladder Match for the X Division Championship: Sanada reatined against Manik, Tigre Uno, Crazzy Steve, Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards.
– Bobby Lashley def. Samoa Joe with a Spear, to qualify for tonight’s 3 way title main event, now that MVP is injured.
– Magnus & Bram def. Willow & Abyss, when Abyss left Willow alone.
– Austin Aries def. Kenny King, to earn his shot in the main event.
– Ross & Marshall Von Erich def. The BorMans (Z and Jesse) via DQ when they used a chair. Kevin made the save with the Claw!
– Angelina Love def. Gail Kim, after multiple referee incidents and interference from Velvet.
– EC3 def. Bully Ray in a Texas Death Match (Last Man Standing) after Rockstar Spud saved Dixie from a table spot, and Ethan pushed Bully through the tables instead.
– Mr. Anderson def. James Storm, after Storm got in to it with the Dallas Cowboys at ringside.
– Three-Way Steel Cage Match for World Heavyweight Championship: Eric Young def Bobby Lashley and Austin Aries, after Lashley speared himself through the cage and EY hit the Piledriver and pin on Aries.
Jarrett Posts New Video Before Slammiversary
Interestingly Jeff Jarrett posted a new GFW video just before Slammiversary where he says he wasn’t happy in TNA and discusses the ongoing talent search: