April 21, 2014, WWE RAW Results
News broke before RAW last night that Daniel Bryan’s father passed away while he was on his honeymoon with Brie Bella. Despite the sad news Bryan soldiered on and performed on the show.
– Daniel Bryan and Brie returned to RAW and were insincerely congratulated by Stephanie McMahon. She announces Bryan vs Kane of Extreme Rules. A masked Kane then hit the ring and delivered 3 tombstones, sending the champ to the hospital.
– Bad News Barrett def. Sheamus to advance in the Intercontinental Championship No. 1 Contender’s Tournament.
– Los Matadores & El Torito def. 3MB & Hornswoggle.
– The Shield confronted Evolution. They said it was Triple H who originally signed them for their ruthlessness, and now he’d have to “deal with it” at Extreme Rules. Reigns challenged them to a fight now, but as per the theory of Evolution “you must adapt” and the rest of the roster’s heels stood by Triple H, Orton and Batista.
– WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos def. Cody Rhodes & Goldust, then Rybaxel attacked the champs.
– Emma def. Layla, with a Pink Cobra.
– Rob Van Dam def. Cesaro via Count-out to advance in the Intercontinental Championship No. 1 Contender’s Tournament, when Swagger interfered and sent him in to the ring post. Eventually Cesaro fired back with the Swing!
– Divas Champion Paige def. Aksana, by submission.
– Alexander Rusev def. Sin Cara.
– John Cena was destroyed by the Wyatts.
Nancy Grace Not Done With Wrestling Coverage
Nancy Grace has announced that she will be doing more wrestling coverage on her show on Thursday. Lucha Libre USA star RJ Brewer has been booked as a guest.
It seems the controversy she created the first time has made it worthwhile to keep going.
If you want to really send her a message, don’t watch or Tweet about the segment.
Roddy Piper Shoot Interview Trailer
Kayfabe Commentaries have released a trailer for their new Timeline: History of WWE 1984, with Roddy Piper. He makes a lot of interesting claims … and at the end he seems to imply that when he was a young man Pat Patterson may have made a pass at him, and “it got awkward, that’s all”.