Mick Foley Talks WWE Booking and Possible Network Special
Mick Foley was asked if his comedy show could be filmed for the WWE Network, during a recent interview with the Miami Herald:
I’ve accepted that WWE is too busy with their network to send someone out to check it out. To me, it seems like a simple sidestep to a new form of entertainment. For whatever reason, I don’t think it’s going to happen. It makes perfect sense, but the less said about it the better. I’m tired of waiting for them to find out it’s a perfect marriage. I can’t make them and continue to do my own thing. I’ll continue to pursue my own [televised] special.
The Hall of Famer also discussed being frustrated with WWE’s booking and how they turned things around:
I expressed that frustration, and they ended up going into the direction I hoped they would. So you won’t see me complaining about their direction any time soon. It’s a bullet I can only fire once in a great while. I watch the show and enjoyed it, as I usually do… I think the future looks really bright. There are a lot of great stars. It’s hard to focus on all of them. The talent pool has so greatly changed over the last few years. They have done a tremendous job of using their legendary figures in supporting roles and kind of allowing the superstars of the past few years to usher in the superstars we see today.
Wade Barrett On Getting Back In The Ring
Wade Barrett discussed getting back in to the ring, in an interview with Ring Rust Radio:
You know it’s always good to be on a pay-per view in WWE, that’s never a given. So first of all, you have to work your way on to a pay-per view, then to be put into a title match is pretty cool, especially after how long I’ve been out of the ring, I think it was back in November I disappeared off TV for a while then came back and just started talking.
Wyatt vs Sheamus On Main Event
Here’s what went down on Tuesday’s Main Event, live on the WWE Network:
– Goldust def. Alberto Del Rio, with the Final Cut.
– Following the match, Renee Young asked Goldust if The Brotherhood’s days of tag team competition were behind them. The Bizarre One ensured that the Rhodes brothers were stronger than ever. The duo embraced.
– Divas Champion Paige def. Alicia Fox, with a DDT.
– Bad News Barrett def. Kofi Kingston, with the Bullhammer Elbow.
– Bray Wyatt def. Sheamus, with Sister Abigail.
– After the match, The Wyatts attacked Sheamus but WWE Tag Team Champions Jimmy and Jey Uso came to The Celtic Warrior’s aid.