Daniel Bryan Replaced By Neville
WWE Intercontinental Champion Daniel Bryan was not cleared to wrestle at last night’s Extreme Rules PPV, so Adrian Neville took on Bad News Barrett instead. Neville picked up the victory in the match, which took place on the pre-show, with the Red Arrow.
With Bryan still holding the belt (rather than stripping him) it would suggest they’re expecting him to return soon. He has been out since the European tour due to his neck injury and a possible concussion.
Also on Extreme Rules …
– Dolph Ziggler def. Sheamus, but after the match Sheamus attacked and forced him to kiss his arse.
– The New Day def. Cesaro & Tyson Kidd for the WWE Tag Team Championships, when Kofi rolled up Cesaro following several distractions.
– Dean Ambrose def. Luke Harper in a Chicago Street Fight, with Dirty Deeds on a pile of chairs. The match actually opened the show, but they ended up in a black SUV and driving out of the arena, before returning after the tag match.
– US Champion John Cena def. Rusev, after they both tapped 3 corners and then Cena hit the AA, before hitting the fourth. During the match Rusev sent Lana backstage because the crowd were cheering her. She then met with the Authority to secure an I Quit Match between Cena and Rusev at Payback.
– Divas Champion Nikki Bella def. Naomi.
– Roman Reigns def. Big Show in a Last Man Standing Match, with a spear through the announce table. He then launched the other table on top of Big Show so he couldn’t get up.
– Ryback ended Bo Dallas’ in-ring address.
– WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins def. Randy Orton, after Rollins hit his own RKO on Orton and escaped the cage. Kane caused the distraction.
Eric Bischoff Working With Jeff Jarrett
In what some may consider a surprising move Eric Bischoff will be working with Jeff Jarrett’s Global Force Wrestling. Although not many details have been revealed, he’ll likely be involved in the production end of the TV show, similar to what he did for TNA. Bischoff has a certain amount of stroke in the television industry because of his Bischoff-Hervey Entertainment company.
One has to wonder though, where is the money coming from? TNA could afford Bischoff because of Panda Energy’s backing. If Jarrett is using his own money, it won’t last long unless there is immediate success.
Maybe Bischoff is investing himself?
Both Jarrett and Bischoff revealed the news at the Preston City Wrestling event over the weekend.
King of The Ring on Network
WWE announced during Extreme Rules that the King of The Ring tournament will be returning tomorrow (Tuesday). More will be revealed during tonight’s RAW.
It’s certainly an interesting move. Now that PPVs are essentially a thing of the past, there’s no reason why WWE can’t do more in-ring specials on the Network. This looks to be the beginning of that.
On Tonight’s RAW
WWE.com is teasing the following 5 points for tonight’s RAW:
– Will The Viper get retribution against Seth Rollins?
– A new hope for The New Day and New Tag Champs?
– Will Rusev make Cena say “I quit” at Payback?
– Who or what will Dean Ambrose destroy tonight?
– Will Sheamus’ Extreme Rules actions bite him in the “arse”?
How Wrestler Got Tryout
Former Rugby star Peter Howard told the UK’s Digital Spy that he got his WWE tryout just by emailing them. Of course his former career will have played a role:
I was living in London [when] WWE came to town last May. I had a friend who had a tryout and he asked if he could stay at my place. I approached the WWE, I sent them an email with my sporting CV. They replied to me, said ‘Bring some athletic gear and we’ll see how you move’. I think from rugby the rolling, the bumping, the falling came quite naturally to me and I was lucky enough to get an opportunity to come out here as an NXT Superstar recruit.